Use Of From
- The boy was absent from school.
- You must abstain/refrain from smoking.
- My uncle has come from Lahore.
- He prevents/stops me from going there.
Use Of By
- His company is progressing by leaps and bounds.
- I was accompanied by my father.
- Please don’t get disturbed by this news.
- He was highly amused by my story.
- This packet should reach Karachi by Monday.
Use Of With
- You don’t know how to deal with others.
- We should be acquainted with the English language.
- He was gifted with a talent of painting.
- We got fed up with his behavior.
- My boss was pleased with me.
Use Of In
- He was absorbed/busy in his work.
- Amna is deaf in one ear.
- You must be polite in your behavior.
- He is well versed in music.
Use Of Of
- He was sure of success.
- He is fully aware of his weakness.
- He is fond of mangoes.
- He reminds me of his brother.
- Its a matter of great honour for me.
Use Of For
- Is she preparing/studying for the test?
- I always care for him.
- He apologized to me for his misbehaviour.
- He’ll have to account for the money.
Use Of To
- He is addicted to smoking.
- He acted contrary to the rules.
- Some people prefer wealth to health.
- He referred the matter to the higher authorities.
Use Of Into
Use Of Against
Use Of On
Use Of Over
Use Of About
- I was about to go.
- He succeeded by dint of hard work.
- We should be prepared to sacrifice
everything for the sake of our country.
- We should act in favour of our friends.
- We must work in order to live.
- I attended the office in spite of ray illness.
- We are in the midst of trouble.
- He had to leave suddenly in the midst of meeting.
- Ali had to give up studies for want of money.