Assertive sentences give information about any facts, events, history, opinion, or some feelings. The assertive sentence gives information about any facts, events, history, opinion, or some feelings.
Assertive sentences can be either negative or affirmative. For making it clearer we give you ten basic example sentences.
10 Assertive sentences:
- He is Muslim.
- She is very beautiful.
- Sam is a very brilliant student.
- My mother works in a bank as a manager.
- Too much sugar in the diet is not good for health.
- The sun rises in the east.
- His father was a doctor.
- I usually eat two times a day.
- He is a democratic leader.
- She is good at writing stories.
Kinds or categories of Assertive sentences:
There are two main kinds:
- Affirmative assertive sentence.
- Negative assertive sentence.
Affirmative assertive sentence:
In an affirmative assertive sentence, we used that type of word that gives a positive sense.
All those assertive sentences that give us a positive sense is called an affirmative assertive sentence.
Example sentences of affirmative assertive sentence:
- His father was an army man.
- Parrot is a beautiful bird.
- Sam is a brilliant student.
- Ali is an honest man.
- Pakistan won in hockey by two goals.
- My mother is a doctor.
- Eliza is a good badminton player.
Negative assertive sentence:
In a negative assertive sentence, we used that type of word that gives a negative sense.
Example sentences of the affirmative negative sentence:
Here are some example sentences of affirmative, negative sentences that make the topic clear.
- She won’t listen to you.
- She doesn’t hate anybody.
- Ali doesn’t get up early in the morning.
- We can’t live without oxygen.
- I am not flying to Europe.
- She wasn’t eating bread.
What exactly is an Assertive Sentence?
An Assertive Sentence is a sentence that states a fact or makes a claim.