Present perfect continuous Tense is also called Present progressive tense, tell us about the actions started in the past and still continue.
Present perfect continuous Rules:
We use has been with only 3rd person singular. (He, she, it, Ali )
Since is used to talk about Point of time . moring, evening, 2 pm, 4’0 clock, Monday, 2013 etc
For is usde to talk about period of time . 2 hours, 10 minutes, 1 weeks, 2 years
Read examples sentences of the present perfect progressive tense
He has been playing since morning.
I have been waiting for her for 3 hours.
Structure of Present perfect continuous
|He||has||been||reading||for an hour.|
|He||has||not||been||reading||for an hour.|
|Has||she||been||reading||for an hour.|
Using the present perfect progressive/continuous tense:
1.We use the Present Perfect Continuous to talk about some thing started in the past ant still continue.
- It has been raining since morning.
- He has been ridding on a bike for an hour .
- What have you been taking about for 20 minutes on phone?
- Aslam has been learning in this college since March.
- We have been walking for an hour hours!
- Why has the patient not been taking his medicine regularly?
The present perfect continuous tense