Here in this topic, we discuss Material Noun Examples with the help of easy material noun examples sentences.
A material noun is a noun that refers to any substance that you can touch, such as metal, stone, or soil.
It can also refer to anything that can be manufactured into an object, such as cardboard or plastic. The noun material comes from the Latin word material, which means wood, bark, or timber.
A material noun refers to the kind of material something is made of, like plastic or rubber, or metal.
The material noun is one of the three types of nouns in the English language, along with concrete and abstract nouns.
Nouns are most commonly used to name people, places, things, or ideas; therefore, every noun in the English language has been assigned to one of these three categories as an adjective based on how it is used in its sentence.
Material nouns are typically used to refer to something tangible that can be found in nature. It differs from other types of nouns.
Because it typically indicates something that exists in the real world instead of just being imaginary or in the mind of the speaker or writer.
A material noun describes an object that doesn’t have any feelings or thoughts.
For example, in the sentence;
- The ball is made of rubber.
Rubber is the material noun because it describes an object that you can touch and feel but does not have any emotions or thoughts.
There are some easy useful material nouns Example Sentences.
Material Noun Examples Sentences:
- She purchased a gold necklace for her elder sister.
- I have a silver plated necklace it’s looking very nice.
- She adds some extra butter and pineapples to the cake.
- Iron is not a bad conductor of electricity.
- Iron is a very strong material.
- My brother is playing with the wooden bat.
- The truck is full of cement sacks.
- He drinks a glass of warm water in the early morning.
- Cotton dresses are the best for the summer.
- My sister has a beautiful wooden table.
So these are the material noun example sentences, all the bold letters are the definition of material nouns. Read more
List of material nouns