- Practice makes a man perfect.
- Nowadays your bread is buttered.
- He is a jolly fellow.
- They exchanged hot words.
- It appears he is off his wits.
- We are poles apart.
- I praised him to the skies.
- Let bygones be bygones, take care in future.
- Pack up your bag and baggage.
- You have given a long rope to this boy.
- Nowadays T.V. sets are selling like hot cakes.
- One beats the bush,
another takes the bird.
- The thief was caught red-handed.
- He is making merry/thriving these days.
- Rizwan is on the right side of forty.
- The shouts rent the sky.
- The station is within a stone’s throw from my village.
- The boy is in the good books of the principal.
- Whom God loves die young.
- He is an apple of my eye.
- In this world everybody wants to grind his own axe.
- Take the time by the forelock and success is yours.
- Opportunists never hesitate to worship the rising sun.
- The child is under his uncle’s care.
- The older the goose, the harder to pluck.
- Nizam dacoit turned over a new leaf and became a saint.