Past Perfect continuous Tense is used to describe the duration of an action that began in a certain time in the past. In this lesson you will learn about the structure, uses and example sentences..
Past Perfect continuous is used for an action started and (at least) lasted until a certain time in the past.
Example: When I got to work, my friends had been waiting there for many hours.
The Past Perfect Progressive is formed as follows:
Sub + had + been + infinitive verb + ing
Example : She had been sleeping for hours when Ali called her.
- I had been waiting for you for two hours.
- They had been watching movie.
- She had been taking with her friend since morning.
- They had not been playing.
- We had not waiting for the teacher.
- It had not been raining.
- Had she been weeping?
- Had the students been waiting for her teacher?
- Had they been playing football?
Present perfect continuou Exercise:
Past Perfect Continuous Tense